High motivation leads to high morale and greater production. We incorporate feature listed below to
Keep employers stay loyal and committed to the organization.
- Superior performance should be reasonably rewarded and should be duly acknowledged.
- If the performance is not consistently up to the mark, then the system must make provisions for
- The employees must be dealt in a fair and just manner. The grievances and obstacles faced by them must be dealt instantly and fairly. Performance appraisal system should be very effective.
- Ensure flexibility in working arrangements.
- A sound motivation system must be correlated to organizational goals. Thus, the individual/employee
goals must be harmonized with the organizational goals. The motivational system must be modified to the situation and to the organization.
- A sound motivation system requires modifying the nature of individual’s jobs. The jobs should be redesigned or restructured according to the requirement of situation. Any of the alternatives to job specialization – job rotation, job enlargement, job enrichment, etc. could be used.
- The management approach should be participative. All the subordinates and employees should be
involved in decision- making process.
- The motivation system should involve monetary as well as non- monetary rewards. The monetary
rewards should be correlated to performance. Performance should be based on the employees’ action
towards the goals, and not on the fame of employees.
- “Motivate yourself to motivate your employees” should be the managerial approach.
- The managers must understand and identify the motivators for each employee.
- Sound motivation system should encourage supportive supervision whereby the supervisors share their
views and experiences with their subordinates, listen to the subordinates views, and assist the
subordinates in performing the designated job.